Wednesday, January 21, 2009

DW4.0.1 Testing

DW4.0.1's new interface is great. I love it. The fact that I don't have to use shpentry to customize the interface is GREAT! Shpentry drove me crazy to the point that I didn't customize any more and created my own interface all together. I've done some hacking and I've created a new shpkey which creates a new tab for UCI degree customizing.

One of the best breakthrough with DW4.0.1 is the removal of Microfocus Cobol. No more license errors!!

Another great break through for us older clients is Linux is now an option. I'll post an entry about my Solaris vs. Linux experience.

BUT, we do have problems as of today. I remember at the DW symposium endorsing DW4.0.0 but today I wave a yellow caution flag. Nancy and I have identified and resolved some problems but we are currently working with major deal breakers. Of course, these may not affect other clients because we all use DW differently.

1) The auditor isn't pulling PROGRAM blocks. It's identified as a defect and we are awaiting it's resolve.

2) Exceptions are un-hooked. Courses Disciplines names have been corrupted somewhere during the install and so the auditor drops these exceptions. Not good for move to production.
3) Apply Here Exceptions applies a different course than the original intended course.
Same student, previous audit.


4) Custom Dtls not working. We have on average 8-10 custom-dtls per student and the auditor chooses to use only half of them. This screws up the layout of all the students. Weird.


Our next window to update our production account is in late March and we hope to these get resolved by then. We've reported all these and the response times from the help desk have been very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment